U12 under LabVIEW 2013 | LabJack

U12 under LabVIEW 2013

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Tony
beenabout's picture
U12 under LabVIEW 2013

I am looking for a list of working examples for my U12. I have LabVIEW 2013 (32 bit) installed and have copied the examples from both the driver installable for Windows and the files from LabVIEW71_LJU12.zip (for LV9+) to the LabVIEW ADDON directory. All of these appear in the menu under the block diagram panel so I can select any from there. 

However, although some of these examples do run, many fail to with "Sub vi is not executable" errors. Do you have a full example list that is compatible with my version of LabVIEW 2013?

LabJack Support
labjack support's picture
All examples should work. 

All examples should work.  What is wrong with the sub-vi that is not executable?

Tony
beenabout's picture
While some functions do work

While some functions do work (like the simple example vi), I get this "The subVI is not executable. You must fix all errors in the subVI before this VI can run." error when running others like the periodic pulse output function:

Selecting to view the error shows me the block diagram with the LJpulse box highlighted:

And I don't know what else to do from there.

Tony
beenabout's picture
I forgot to add that I had to

I forgot to add that I had to copy in an ljackuw.dll file downloaded from the net because the program requested it at runtime but it was not found on my machine - not part of the install?

I also noticed that the newer example folders (LV9+) come with a file with the same name but it has a .lib extension instead.

LabJack Support
labjack support's picture
Selecting to view the error

Selecting to view the error shows me the block diagram with the LJpulse box highlighted:

Now open that sub-vi and see what is wrong with it.  Keep drilling down until you find the actual error.

I forgot to add that I had to copy in an ljackuw.dll file downloaded from the net because the program requested it at runtime but it was not found on my machine - not part of the install?

I suggest you delete whatever you manually copied as the U12 installer should definitely have installed ljackuw.dll.  Go to your root C: drive and search from there to find it.

Try running ljtest.exe or ljlogger.exe.  If they work you know that ljackuw.dll is on your machine as they need it.

I also noticed that the newer example folders (LV9+) come with a file with the same name but it has a .lib extension instead.

I'm not sure why those LabVIEW archives would include ljackuw.lib as I can't think of a time or reason when LabVIEW would use that.  The important file in the LabVIEW archives is ljackuw.llb, as that is the labview library of U12 function call VIs.